Driver for Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT)
Serving Washington / Multnomah / Clackamas Counties
Providing caring and responsible wheelchair and ambulatory transportation for patients to and from their medical appointments, and other events using a company owned non-emergency medical transportation vehicle in Washington, Multnomah, Clackamas counties, as well as other locations as directed.
NOTE: Sovereign Medical Transport is an equal opportunity employer. We select the best individuals for the job based upon job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability. We will make a reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship on the operation of our organization.
SIGNIFICANT DISQUALIFYING FACTOR: Please note that we serve under the authority of the Portland Bureau of Transportation’s (PBOT) NEMT Program requirements. According to their requirements, the following rule applies; “A Private for Hire Transportation (PFHT) driver will not be certified or re-certified in the City of Portland if any of the following conditions exist: (among other things) The applicant is a match in the National Sex Offender Public Registry”. For this reason, you should not apply if you are included in this registry.
- Transport passengers safely, assist them door-to-door, load & unload both passengers and belongings
- Follow schedule, GPS, other company apps, and report regularly to dispatch.
- Maintain vehicle interior and exterior and arrange for vehicle services
- Complete all required docs and maintenance records clearly and accurately.
- Participate in training and educational opportunities
Skills / Qualifications
- Safety and security minded, able to read and use GPS & other apps
- Reliable, energetic, customer service/team oriented, excellent communicator
- Able to lift (up to 70 lbs), or carry, push, and pull people in wheelchairs
- Must have a suitable and secure parking area for the company vehicle
- Preferred: Current PBOT Private For-Hire Transportation Permit
- Preferred: Current CPR/First Aid Cert, and other NEMT req’d certs
Minimum Requirements (NOTE: Not meeting any of these will disqualify you from service)
- Must be 21 years of age according to PBOT City Code 16.40.770 E/10, with a minimum of 1 year of uninterrupted driving experience
- Pass Federal Criminal Background Check (NO FELONY CONV. PAST 10 Yrs!)
- Less than 2 moving violations on driver’s record within the last 5 years
- No more than 1 accident on drivers record within the last 5 years
- Pass initial Drug Test, be willing/able to submit to random drug testing
- Full time and Part time shifts available, possible over time
- Starting wage $14.00 – $14.50 hr (DOE), includes performance bonus
- Paid every two weeks
- Use of Company vehicle to and from shift. (not for personal use!)
- 1 wk paid vacation after 12 mos. full time (terms & conditions apply)
- Family Leave, Sick leave, and other benefits according to State law